Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 5, 2009

So I had my last tryst with Food Lion for the week... weekends and grocery bargin hunting doesn't work for me too often. With this said Food Lion won the game twice today....but I think I came out ahead despite losing about $15 in Food Lion coupons...agh... I think they fell out of my pocket somewhere.


So anyway, I confirmed in this shopping trip two things... one of what I already knew...but I was hoping things would still go my way. 1.) a FLIP will NOT work on mark downs if the mark down price is lower than the FLIP and most Food Lion will not push it thru. This is what happened to me yesturday thus I did not get as much chicken as I had planned and it resulted in a little higher out of pocket due to not having overage to utilaize. 2.) The chicken FLIP will NOT work on the 8pc Fried chicken... this distressed me since that meant I had to shell out a whole $5 for dinner...pathetic I know... $5 for dinner for 4 is a huge bargin... but I was and still am down about losing $15.


I would like to also give 2 valuable tips to anyone interetsed...

1.) Do NOT "spend" your coupons as soon as you get them...unless you need the item. Wait for a sale or a rewards promation that will pay you back. An example... I have a FREE Digornio Pizza coupon that I got from a rebate promotion... it doesn't expire until the end of next year...I am not starving, thus I do not "need" that pizza right now. Eventually there will be a rebate for pizza and the pizza will be on sale...this tends to happen in tha fall... and that is when I will "spend" this coupon.

2.) GET RAINCHECKS! I can not say that enough. Several of my stores have Rainchecks that NEVER expire. I often go raincheck shopping...meaning I purposely look for items that are on sale and out of stock and get a raincheck for these items. About a year ago we had a new Food Lion open locally. This Food Lion had specials that none of the other Food Lions had. One of these specials was Counrty Style Boneless Pork ribs for .98 a pound. Of course they were out and I got a raincheck. This week I found a coupon for $2 ribs when you buy 2 KC Masterpeice BBQ sauces. I also had $1.50 off 2 KC Masterpeice BBQ sauces AND a friend of mine (thanx Sara) sent me a $10 rebate when I buy $25 worth of BBQ sauce...so guess what I got lol... I bought enough BBQ sauce to qualify for the rebate...use the BBQ sauce coupons and I also used the ribs Raincheck to get the ribs @ .98 a pound and I use the $2 off ribs coupon on those!!! It was a heck of a deal!


Anyway todays Purchase form Food Lion were:


8 bottles of A1 Marinade
7 bags of Planters Trail Mix
26 cans FL potted meat
2 pounds FL chicken tenerloins
2 packs Mentos gum
8pc Hot fried chicken (dinner)
1 side of baked beans for 4 (dinner)
1 side of baked apples for 4 (dinner)
14 bottles KC Masterpeice BBQ sauce
11 pounds od boneless country style pork ribs
$1 donation to Children's Miricale Network

I earned $4.75 in Food Lion Coupons towards anything I want on my next order.
I also qualify for a $10 rbate for buying BBQ sauce as well as a $5 rebate for buying 8pc fried chicken.

My total out of pocket total before rebates and earned coupon was: $7.77 (a bit steap eh?)

I also stopped buy Martins to get a pound of fresh mozz cheese. I paid $3.13 for that.

My daily out of pocket total is: $10.90 before rebates and earned coupons. I should have used my $4.75 in FL coupons to lower my OOP, but they were in the car...

2 comments:

  1. how/when will you ever use 14 bottles of BBQ sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't. I'll sell them for $1 a peice at a yard sale or give them to friends/ family.. you want a bottle?

    ReplyDelete